FourthWall is seeking full-stack Java Enterprise Edition software engineers with experience creating Big Data solutions with Hadoop. Ideal candidates must be very familiar with the Hadoop ecosystem including HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, and Spark.
In this position you will help design, develop, and maintain television data collection, reporting, analytics, and monitoring applications. This leading-edge technology makes TV more actionable, measurable, and profitable for content owners and advertisers. We are looking for people with strong technical skills and experience working within talented engineering teams to join us as we transform the television marketplace through Big Data.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Engineering team
- Design and develop software as defined in Requirements Specifications
- Document and review software design
- Maintain existing software
THE NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least five years software development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills combined with a strong sense of product ownership
Strong programming experience with:
- Apache Hadoop/Hive
PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING IS A PLUS:
- Linux, PHP, Python, R
- Internet protocols such as HTTP and FTP