FourthWall Media® is the leading provider of interactive television technologies and advanced advertising solutions that unlock the power of Big Data for TV. FourthWall Media includes MassiveData® which combines census-level, second-by-second set-top box viewing data from millions of television viewers with breakthrough data-mining technologies to produce powerful audience analytics for television. Our office is located in Dulles, VA, along the Northern Virginia technology corridor with close proximity to Dulles airport.
The company is seeking an intelligent, talented, organized and motivated individual to join our software development team. This individual will have primary responsibility for build and release engineering and configuration management. We want someone who can own the build and release process. The position requires strong communication skills, technical skills, experience, and the ability and desire to work with talented engineering and quality assurance teams.
Previous experience in software development with C/C++ is not required, but would be a huge plus.
- Create and maintain continuous integration, weekly and release builds.
- Manage tagging, branching, versioning, packaging, releasing and archiving for all configurations and deployments.
- Maintain Confluence Wiki page with up-to-date information on all development and production releases.
- Generate release notes for every product release.
- Manage build timing for scheduled and ad hoc builds.
- Work closely with engineering development teams to understand build requirements.
- Work closely with QA team to understand when builds are tested and ready for release and release note generation.
- Create new and maintain Hudson build projects within a clustered build environment with project interdependencies.
- Maintain yum repositories.
Create and maintain:
- RPM spec files
- DOS batch files and Linux shell scripts used as part of the build process
Administer and maintain:
- JIRA issue tracking system
- Subversion source control system, including synchronizing remote repositories
- Hudson continuous integration system.
- all build machines (Windows XP and Red Hat Linux)
Constantly look to improve our processes and look for new products to help improve our processes.
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least two years build engineering/release engineering/configuration management experience.
- Experience with Hudson/Jenkins Administration and Projects
- Experience managing defect tracking systems, source control systems and build machines.
- Experience administering Linux and Windows machines.
- Experience with Bash shell scripts and Windows command files
- Experience with makefile development/debugging
- Experience creating spec files for rpms
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- Embedded software builds (including using cross-compilers)
- Experience with signing and packaging Motorola set-top box builds.
- JIRA and Confluence administration
- Subversion administration
- Perforce administration
- Hudson/Jenkins administration
- Hudson cascading projects
- Cirtrix XenServer and XenCenter.
- Redhat KVM and qemu
- Tortoise Subversion
- Gurock TestRail administration.
- Sonatype Nexus binary repository administration
- Software Testing/QA
- Software Test Automation
- Software development
- Interactive TV software (including PowerTV, GIOS, OpenTV, VxWorks, VRTX, OCAP, EBIF)
- Interactive TV data transport formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, OpenStreamer, DSM-CC)
About FourthWall Media:
FourthWall Media® is the leading provider of television data services, interactive television technologies, and advanced advertising solutions that unlock the power of Big Data for TV. We focus on breaking through the “fourth wall”—that invisible barrier standing between a TV audience, and the programmers and advertisers wanting to reach them.
FourthWall Media has established a strong track record for delivering interactive services and technologies to millions of set-top boxes, across multiple platforms, operators, products, and geographies. The company’s customers and partners are among the largest and most influential in the industry and use a range of products and services, including set-top box data collection that makes valuable television analytics and programmatic advertising platforms possible.
FourthWall Media is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. For more information log on to http://www.fwm.tv.